Monday, August 3, 2009

Bloomin' beautiful



Remember the sunflower seeds Gwendolyn planted back in May? Well, we've finally got our first lovely sunflower, with another bloom soon to appear.

Gwendolyn inspected her "garden" this morning and noticed a wee bug on her flower, which she needed to look at more closely.

Thanks again for the thoughtful gift, Auntie Deborah!

3 comments:

Mandie said...

Kevin: If you don't recognize the name, think back a few years to Mr. Anderson's bands and choirs. Remember? I've loved the opportunity to catch up a bit through your blog. I was able to gather that you're still playing the French horn, although I admit to getting distracted by the pictures of your beautiful daughter (and wife)! I'm in Portland with hubby of 21 years and two boys, almost 14 and almost 12. I'm still playing as well, accompanying the elementary and middle school choirs as our boys move up through the schools. Thanks for your great blog! - Mandie (Harris) Green

The Okanagan Ronaghans said...

Hello there, Mandie -- and yes, I definitely recognize the name!

Glad you found us, and that you're doing well. I envy you living in Portland -- a favourite city of ours to visit (especially via the Amtrak Cascades).

I am still playing the horn a wee bit, although the trumpet is more Gwendolyn's style, I think. ;)

Take good care, and thanks for stopping by.

Mandie said...

Kevin: Next time you and your family find your way down this way, please feel free to give us a call, and maybe we can meet up somewhere. I'm well familiar with Amtrak Cascades, having traveled multiple times on it, both alone and with the boys. The last two years, the boys have ridden without me, although only as far as Seattle. mgreenmtatgmaildotcom